The new GKTECH Super Lock front lower arms are a drifters wet dream but are equally as impressive for our grip friends with 35mm of length adjustment. For drifters (aka skid racers) these lower arms will support 70 degrees of steering lock lead wheel and 65 degrees trailing wheel. They may look similar to others currently sold by other companies but are in fact unlike any other lower arms on the market.
These are the first commercially available 1 piece lower arms that work with OEM and OEM style front knuckles (such as the drop knuckles that we sell). These lower arms are based off CMM data, are CAD designed, FEA tested, have CNC machined ends and the main body is CNC Machined chromoly steel for maximum strength. To finish the arms off they're E-coated (aka electrophoresis coating) for rust prevention and we're exclusively using Teflon lined bearings including a large 3/4" outer high misalignment bearing, all with dust covers for increased longevity.
- Feature 5/8" Teflon lined sphericals (inner) and high mis-alignment 3/4 sphericals (outer) which eliminates the flex found in factory rubber bushing offering a more direct and predictable feel.
- Our V2 lower arm main body is CNC machined from a billet chromoly block with CNC machined ends.
- CMM measured, CAD designed, FEA tested and CNC machined.
- Choose from either S13/180sx tapered shank or S14/S15/R32/R33/R34 tapered shank at the time of ordering
- Choose between 2 different ball joint shank lengths; standard or +20mm to help with roll center correction.
Want more technical information, product benefits and the design process? Click here:
GKTECH SUPER LOCK LOWER CONTROL ARMS
NOTE: RC is only corrected on S-chassis', do not buy the +20mm shanks for use on Skylines.
NOTE#2: The +20mm shank with use of non RC corrected knuckles leaves very little clearance from the rotor to ball joint housing. This will be an issue in some setups when running near 0 camber.
- S13/R32 adjustable from 9mm through to 44mm
- S13/R32 adjustable from 39mm through to 74mm
- S14/S15/R33/R34 adjustable from OEM length through to 35mm
- S14/S15/R33/R34 adjustable from 30mm through to 65mm
- S13/180sx standard length
- S13/180sx +20mm + $4
- S14/S15 standard length
- S14/S15 +20mm + $4
NOTE: +20mm extended shank is not recommended for rims smaller than 18" in diameter and only needed on an S-chassis that is REALLY low.
NOTE: These knuckles are designed to be used with all OEM style front knuckles or modified knuckles.
NOTE#2: On R32/R33/R34 Skylines the LCA's can only be run with the use of an S chassis swaybar setup (D bushes/mount, end links and bar) Clearance Vs straight OEM style caster rods:
If you are looking to purchase our super lock lower control arms along side our front knuckles or any other front suspension components, we do offer them in a full combo, which offers a 15% discount for all items, that can be seen here;
S-Chassis - S chassis super lock combo - 15% OFF
R/Z32 Chassis - 300ZX Z32/R Chassis Skyline super lock combo - 15% OFF
FAQsWhat's so good about these LCA's?
The GKTECH Super Lock LCA's are unique in that they are the only 1 piece high clearance LCA on the market that is able to be used with an OEM or OEM based knuckle. As shown in the render above of the tyre sitting over where the caster rod would typically go a regular 2 piece LCA and caster rod can not achieve as much clearance as a 1 piece design can which is the reason we opted for the V2 being a 1 piece design. The 1 piece design is more expensive to manufacture however the benfits lie in the increase in tyre clearance, the decrease in overall weight and the increase in stifness over a 2 piece design. Wisefab and TDP both make a 1 piece LCA similar in style to ours however neither can be used with an OEM or OEM based knuckle. A few other points:
- Our design is the only 1 piece design that can be used with a swaybar (See our high clearance swaybars here: https://au.gktech.com/s-chassis-high-clearance-adjustable-swaybar-1)
- The Wisfab kit can not be adjusted while on the car, ours can.
- Our LCA's come in 2 different length options ranging from OEM length through to +74mm's.
- Both the TDP and Wisefab kits have ball joints sitting on a completly horizontal axis which increase the scrub radius and reduces the inside guard clearance. Our scrub radius has not been altered from the factory position and as such our kit has more inside guard clearance than either TDP or Wisefab at the same LCA length.
How much angle can I get out of these LCA's?
Our Super Lock LCA's can support 70 degrees of lock even at as little as +30mm in LCA length. A 2 piece LCA would require you to go +50mm or more in order to achieve the same amount of steering lock.
How hard are these to fit?
They are quite easy to install but mechanical knowledge is required. Remove your standard LCA's and caster rods and the LCA's will bolt straight in.
Which model should I purchase for my car?
The type of LCA (S13/180sx/R32 Vs S14/S15/R33/R34 is entirely dependant on the chassis of your car as the caster rod position is different. You must select based on your chassis. Select the ball joint based on the knuckles that you are runnning.
What length should I go with?
This is entirely dependant on your personal preference and your car however going to the longer LCA's will almost guarnatee that you will need to run overfenders or wider guards.
What happens if a bearing needs to be replaced?
We will keep stock of the bearings and the bearings that we have used are common sizes being 5/8" Teflon lined sphericals (inner) and high mis-alignment 3/4 sphericals (outer).
Are these suited to circuit/grip racing?
Yes, absolutely. The weight saving and the use of spherical bearings do make them entirely useful for circuit/grip racing. Coupled with the additional adjustment to increase track width or just to adjust the position of your wheel.
Do I need to do any other modifications to get the most from these LCA's?
Yes, absolutely. On their own these LCA's aren't much use. Ideally you would be running our offset rack spacers or have a relocated steering rack and have either aftermarket knuckles (like the ones we sell) or have cut and shut knuckles. If you plan to go any further out with the LCA than around +40mm you may need to look at using our offset strut tops (S chassis only) to bring your camber to a more usable level.
Are there any special tools required?
No, a spanner set will do the job which we do sell separately here - https://au.gktech.com/open-ended-spanners
R32 SKYLINE GTS-T
R33 SKYLINE GTS-T
R34 SKYLINE GT-T
S13 CA18 180SX
S13 CA18 SILVIA
S13 SR20 180SX
S13 SR20 SILVIA