The steering features a 35% increase in steering speed compared to OEM, allowing for quicker response to driver input. The Ackermann has been reduced, along with an adjustable Ackermann setting, minimizing tyre scrub and increasing grip. The double shear tie rod mount provides maximum strength, while the high clearance allows for the maximum possible steering angle. The bump steer has also been corrected to ensure consistent handling over uneven surfaces.
- 35% faster steering compared to OEM
- Reduced Ackermann and Ackermann adjustment
- Double shear tie rod mount for maximum strength
- High clearance design for maximum lock
- Reduced bump steer
The inbuilt 35mm of roll centre correction minimizes body roll and weight transfer, which provides increased balance and responsiveness. A slight amount of additional camber has been incorporated into the knuckle to help get the higher recommended camber to ensure maximum grip at high steer angles. Similarly, there is inbuilt caster trail which then allows the caster to be reduced but retains a similar steering feedback. The reduction in caster gives a flatter contact patch at high steering angles and even greater grip.
The knuckles are constructed from high-strength 4130 Chromoly steel, utilizing TIG-welded sheet metal design. The substantial 2kg weight reduction per side not only enhances the overall agility of the vehicle but also contributes to quicker response times. The reduced unsprung weight improves suspension response and allows for faster transitions. We have also managed to retain the OEM ABS sensor mounting location.
- Roll centre correction of 35mm
- Additional 0.5° inbuilt negative camber
- Inbuilt trail so that caster can be reduced
- 4130 Chromoly steel TIG welded sheet metal design
- 2kg weight reduction each side (3.95kg vs 5.95kg)
- Retains ABS sensor
Recommended setup for maximum lock:
- Offset rack spacers / rack relocation (for wheel to tie rod clearance)
- Strut top that allows for caster and camber adjustment
- Extended lower control arms (+40 to +70 for wheel to chassis clearance)
- Caster - 5° (Positive)
- Camber - 4° to 5° (Negative)
- Toe - 2mm to 4mm (Toe out)
Recommended wheel specs:
- Diameter - 17" to 18"
- Width - 8"
- Offset - 20 to 30 (Positive)